• Urgosorb Algniate Dressing absorbs exudates from highly exudative wounds
• Reacts rapidly on contact with wound exudates to form a soft and moist sodium alginate gel
• Softens and drains the necrotic debris during the sloughy granulation phase of the moist necrosis
• Maintains a moist environment creating favourable conditions for the healing process
• Absorbs vertically, without lateral migration of the exudates
• Size: 10 x 10cm
• 10 Pcs per Pack
URGO Algoplaque is a Sterile High Performance dressing for use in treating deep exudative wounds (eg. Pressure sores or leg ulcers). The dressings in the Algoplaque range are made up of a semi-permeable polyurethane backing combined with an adhesive mass consisting of Carboxymethylcellulose hydrocolloid particles exclusively dispersed in an adhesive elastomer matrix. Due to the dressing’s impermeability to water and bacteria, it provides superior protection to the wound. The Hydrocolloid dressings absorb wound exudate and forms a colloid gel which creates the conditions favourable to the healing process (moisture, temperature, pH).