Reporting to the Materials Manager. Provide operational assistance to our Logistics Team on all air/sea import and export matters.
- Communicate with suppliers, freight forwarders and customs agents to arrange & manage inbound shipments
- Ensure on time and cost-effective deliveries.
- Optimise routes from Far East and identify carriers offering better / alternative routes.
- Negotiate competitive pricing with freight forwarders.
- Track shipments and update relevant teams on progress.
- Ensure all documentation is compliant with local and international legal require-ments. Expert in the areas of export control classification numbers, Tariff codes, etc.
- Understanding of customs procedures for shipments to/from UK (post Brexit)
- Manage internal and external audits for Import/Export compliance purposes
- Update MRP system with the latest information.
- Keep import/export records up to date.
- Min 3 years' Air & Sea Import/Export & Customs experience.
- Experience of importing from Far East
- Relevant third level qualification
- Experience in using an MRP or ERP system
- Excellent skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word are essential.
- Strong communication skills.
- Tough negotiation skills
- Must enjoy being a team player and working within a target-driven team environment
To apply email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org