MEDICARE NASAL ASPIRATOR
Nasal Aspirator clears Mucous from baby's nose for easier breathing
• Easy to use
• Age: 0+
• Gently clears Mucous from baby's nose
• Removable parts for easy cleaning
• Gentle on baby! No need to insert nozzle inside nose
Infant nasal congestion is common and often occurs in newborn babies, or later due to colds or allergies such as hay fever. Your baby may have around 6 colds in their first year. Babies are "obligate nasal breathers", which means that they naturally breathe through their nose and when their tiny nasal passages are blocked they find breathing a problem, this is particularly an issue for newborns when they catch a cold. In fact, the only time babies breathe naturally through their mouths is when they cry!
When your baby’s nose is blocked, breathing can become quite difficult for them, which can also make feeding very stressful.
The most likely reason for a baby crying when feeding is due to a blocked nose. It can be especially difficult when breastfeeding as a congested baby can have real problems latching on. Paediatricians recommendation is to simply clear your baby’s nasal congestion before a feed with a nasal aspirator to allow them to feed more easily.
The Medicare Nasal Aspirator (or nose cleaner), helps to clean the child's nose of secretions caused by a runny nose. It is very easy to use and cleans easily.
How To Use:
1. Before using the nose cleaner, the cover protecting it from dirt should be removed and the rubber pump should be squeezed in order to pump out air and create the suction force.
2. Next, the transparent end of the nose cleaner should be placed into the child's nose and the rubber pump slowly released. This action should be repeated in both nostrils unit the nose is cleaned of secretions.
3. After the cleaning is completed, the nose cleaner should be dismantled and thoroughly washed with warm soapy water. All parts except the rubber pump can be sterilised in boiling water.
The product is made from soft PVC and Polystyrene.