Medicare Gel Cold Patches give fast acting pain relief for strains, sprains, cramp, bruises, swollen areas or joint stiffness. Ideal for use on sporting injuries, this convenient pain relief cold patch freezes pain instantly.
The active non-medicated ingredients cool the skin, lowering the surface temperature for the rapid relief of pain and inflammation in new injuries.
Many athletes use a cold ocean swim or immerse themselves in a bath of ice as a recovery strategy. The Medicare Gel Cold Patches are a convenient alternative to an ice pack, ice bath, or cold ocean swim! The handy patch is individually wrapped and provides instant cooling relief once applied to the skin.
Cold therapy is recommended by sports physiotherapists as part of RICE (Rest Ice Compression Elevation) protocol. Cold therapy is the most widely used treatment modality for acute sports injuries. The Medicare gel cold patch works by reducing the temperature of the injured tissues. This causes the blood vessels to narrow which reduces the amount of blood going to the injury site which in turn reduces the swelling. The cold patch also reduces the pain by over-riding the nerve endings that transmit pain. The ice patch reduces muscle spasm and decreases the chances of cell death by slowing the metabolism of the injured cells.
Medicare cold patches are ideal for the pitch side as a quick treatment to minor knocks, or to relieve pain from recovering injuries, including back pain and arthritic pain.
The effect of Cold therapy is scientifically proven and it is a safe product to use for every member of the family over 12 years old.
• Cold therapy relief from sprains, strains, joint and muscular pain. Apply directly to the skin
• Recommended for relief from minor pain associated with muscular pain, tired or aching joints, backache, minor sports injuries, strains and sprains
• For best results apply the patch to the affected area as soon as possible after injury
• The cooling effect of the patch will be felt quickly and can last up to 3 hours
• A new patch may be applied as required
• Do not use more than 4 patches one after the other on the same area
• Cooling therapy should continue until pain and swelling has reduced
• See doctor if your symptoms do not improve
Instructions for Use:
• Adults and children 12 years and older: apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
• Children under 12 years of age: do not use, consult with a doctor
• Apply only to clean, dry skin
• Open the pouch, remove the cloth patch and peel off the clear plastic film
• Apply the sticky side of the patch over the affected or swollen area
• Do not cut the patch
• Each patch can vbe used only once
• Throw away after use