Fleming Medical wishes to appoint a Senior Product Manager, whose primary responsibility will be the OTC (Over the Counter) as our Medicare Pharmacy Consumer Healthcare Brand Expert of Pharmacy stocked of Medicare Home Blood Pressure, Thermometry, Respiratory, First Aid and Woundcare Products.
The OTC product manager will be required to deliver the Brand vision for each product category increasing the sales potential and brand story by empowering our customers in Ireland & the United Kingdom. The product manager will liaise with New Product Department, Marketing, Design, Internal & External Sales Teams while building on the Medicare Brand Management vision, with the pivotal role of supporting our market leading Medicare pharmacy brand in both our Domestic and many overseas Export Markets.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- A minimum of 3 years Senior Product Management experience, preferably in the Medical / Consumer Healthcare or Pharmacy Markets.
- Relevant third level Medical, Brand, Marketing, Business related qualification is required.
- Dependability, Vision and Determination required with a high level of commitment and drive.
- The Product Manager role is primarily within an office based in Limerick, but the role involves some travel so a full driving licence with the ability to travel extensively throughout Ireland & the UK meeting with our Customers, Suppliers and Field Sales Team is part of the role.
- The OTC Product Manager will have responsibility to the Managing Director for the monthly and quarterly key performance indicators of the overall OTC product category performance.
- Determine customers' needs by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Product market share by working with sales manager to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results with the Irish & UK Sales Teams.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Brings new products to market by analysing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Determines product pricing by utilising market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customised orders.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Leadership for the implementation of Management’s Product Brand Vision in the market.
- Presenting at Product Category Trends and Activities at Sales Meeting for UK & Irish teams.
- Monitoring of KPI for product sales performance for relevant OTC product categories.
- Liaison with the Key accounts & Sales Managers for both Ireland & the UK.
- Field based Customer Key Account Support of all Medicare Brand Activities.
- Identification of team Product training needs and deliver it to relevant sales team.
- Key performance Product Category reviews with monitoring of promotional activities.
- Product Distribution objectives with planning of operational objectives to achieve target.
- Reviewing of Category Sales Trends & Objectives each quarter and annual review.
- Key category expert for the Medicare OTC Consumer Healthcare Product Portfolio.
Summary of Role:
The Senior OTC Product Manager is pivotal in building the company’s market share in a diversified product portfolio of a family owned international multi market-based company, through the new product development of niche medical & personal care, Medicare branded products for sale through the pharmacy & professional in the domestic and export medical markets.
This dynamic varied role will require flexibility, inspiration, empathy, drive, vision, perseverance, determination, time management, leadership by example, excellent & clear communication, focus on objectives, ability to prioritise key activities and able to deliver the company’s brand vision.
Role Package & Variable Income:
Basic Salary >35-45k + Quarterly Category Growth Bonus + phone + iPad + travel expenses, Life Policy and Voluntary Health Insurance Cover.
[On Target Earnings circa €60K+]